- June 7-9, Keynote on ‘Future Competence Needs for Vocational and Professional Education’ at the Technology, Maker, and Vocational Education and Training Conference 2018, Pretoria, South Africa.
- July 30 – August 3, Teaching course ‘Educational innovation and implementation theory’ in the Master Program Education, Learning and Innovation of the Anton de Kom University (Adekus), Paramaribo, Suriname.
- November 17-19, Keynote on ‘Review of Competence Research in Vocational and Professional Education’ at the World Congress on Applied Leaning, Doha, Qatar.
- January 22,Presentation titled: ‘The Global Need for Competence: A Review of theory, research and practice of Competence-based VET’ for the Institute for Graduate Studies and Research of the Anton de Kom University, Paramaribo, Suriname. Download presentation here: 180122 Presentation Paramaribo
- January 23-26, Teaching course ‘Curriculum Development for Vocational Training and Adult Education’ in the Master Program Education, Learning and Innovation of the Anton de Kom University (Adekus), Paramaribo, Suriname.
- January 30th, Keynote speech ‘Research of VET: an International Perspective’, at the Information event on the new funding line ‘Research on the Internationalization of Vocational Education and Training’ (IBBF), Bonn, Germany, organized by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). 180130 Martin Mulder – PPT for Bonn
- May 8, Keynote on Competence for the Unknown Future at Cometa (www.puntocometa.org), Como, Italy
- May 5, Recoring of video-lecture on Competence for the Future in the Universita degli Studi Roma TRE, Dipartimento di Scienze della Formazione, Roma.
- May 5, Presentation of the Volume ‘Competence-based Vocational and Professional Education’ in the Seminario di Studio Competence Based Education e Skills Revolution. Universita degli Studi Roma TRE, Dipartimento di Scienze della Formazione, Roma.
- June 22, Keynote speech at the international workshop of UNESCO-UNEVOC-BIBB ‘Work-based learning as a pathway to competency-based education’, in Bonn, Germany. Theme of the keynote: ‘The Global Need for Competence: Competence-based Vocational Education and Training and Implications for Policy and Practice.’
- November 28. Conference at University of Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. ‘Competence research in vocational and professional education’.
- January 27, Keynote ‘Emerging Trends in Competence-Based Extension Education Science’ at the International Extension Education Conference 2016 on Education, Research and Services, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Conference Chair: Dr. Kalyan Ghadei, Department of Extension Education, Institute of Agriculture Sciences. For further information: http://ieecbhu.in/
- January 28, Keynote Publishing to Advance Education and Extension Theory and Research’ at the International Extension Education Conference 2016 on Education, Research and Services, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Conference Chair: Dr. Kalyan Ghadei, Department of Extension Education, Institute of Agriculture Sciences. For further information: http://ieecbhu.in/
- April 4-6, Conference of the Association of International Agricultural and Extension Education, Portland, Oregon, USA; paper presentation ‘Competence theory, research and practice. A synthesis’. Professional development session ‘Publishing research in scholarly journals and assessment of research output’.
- April 8-12, AERA/WERA conference, Washington, DC, USA. Paper presentation ‘The competence construct in educational practice: A critical review of global critiques’
- April 20, Annual Meeting JAEE Publisher of Taylor and Francis, Oxford, UK
- April 24-28, Public lectures Addis Ababa University on 1. Competence, and 2. Publishing; meeting with PhD candidates Getachew Solomon, Worku Birru, Cahalchew Aniteneh and Yared Demssie
- July 12, STOA, European Parliament – The Future of Agricultural Education, Brussels, Belgium
- July 13-15, The Higher Education Conference; The Scholarship of Learning, Teaching & Organizing, Amsterdam
- August 22-23 ECER, Dublin, Ireland
- September 25-27 Meetings in Nottingham and Oxford, UK
- October 5; key note speaker at ASEM Forum on Lifelong Learning 2016: 21st Century Skills. Copenhagen, Denmark. Title of the presentation: ‘Core Competencies for an Unknown Future’
- October 19-21, Conference ‘Competence Theory, Research and Practice’, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- October 20, 16:00hrs, Public farewell speech as professor of Education at Wageningen University, Auditorium of Wageningen University, Generaal Foulkesweg 1, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- November 9, Opposition Constantine Kontoghiorghes, Cyprus University of Technology, Limassol
- December 8, Keynote ‘Private Training in the Netherlands’, at the Skills Week, European Commission, Brussels.
- January 21-25, Nairobi, Kenya, JKUAT, Curriculum development workshop, NUFFIC project Horticulture
- January 30, NACV conference, Wageningen University
- February 4, Toulouse Business School
- February 6-10 Nairobi, Kenya, JKUAT, Progress Meeting and prototype course guide development BSc and MSc Horticulture, NUFFIC project 126/140
- April 13; AIAEE conference planning meeting University of Minnesota, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, USA
- April 14; Site visit and meetings University of Michigan, East Lansing, USA
- April 15-20, AERA, ChicagoPanelist, Workplace Learning SIG Site visit Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance at Austin Polytechnical Academy, Chicago, Illinois. April 15, 2015.
- Workplace Learning SIG Business Meeting In Session Paper: Competence-Based Vocational and Professional Education: Bridging the World of Work and Education. April 16, 2015.
- Wesselink, R., J. Gulikers, C. Oonk, M. Mulder (2015). Teacher Roles in Hybrid Learning Environments. Paper presented at the AERA, April 17, Chicago, USA.
- Noroozi, O. and M. Mulder (2015). Effects of a digital dialogue game and epistemic beliefs on learning, argumentation, and student satisfaction. Paper presented at the AERA, April 17, Chicago, USA.
- Chair Workplace Learning SIG Roundtable Competence development in workplace learning, AERA, April 18, Chicago, USA.
- Mulder, M. (2015). Professional Competence in Context – a Conceptual Study. Paper presented at the AERA, April 19, Chicago, USA.
- April 28 – May 1, Joint AIAEE-ESEE conference, Welcome Presentation AIAEE-ESEE, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- May 10-13 – Conference Europea Riga, Competitive and Sustainable Vocational Education and Training: Achievements and New Goals
- September 2-4, Key note ITB, ‘Competence-Based Vocational and Professional Education. A Global Overview’, Bremen, Germany
- September 7-12, ECER/WERA, VETNET/IRN-VET, Budapest, Hungary
- College Station, Texas A&M University, Department of ALEC, September 30 – October 2. Presentation ‘2030 Visioning and Adjusting to Anticipated Needs’, Panel presentation on Promotions and Tenure, Authors workshop.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State University – School of Human Resource Education & Workforce Development, October 8. Presentation on Wageningen University Chair group of Education and Competence Studies.
- Jonesboro, Arkansas State University, School of Teacher Education & Leadership, October 12. Video recordings of Presentation ‘2030 Visioning and Adjusting to Anticipated Needs’, Agricultural education in Wageningen University, Authors workshop
- Nashville, Tennessee State University, College of Agriculture, Human and Natural Sciences, Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Agricultural & Extension Education, October 14
- Presentation ‘Change and the future of education in 2030’ at the gathering of the Association of Professional Futurists, Atlanta, Georgia, October 16
- Atlanta, Georgia State University, College of Education & Human Development, October 16
- October 29, DG Employment, Unit C5, Sector Skills Alliances, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium
- November 15+16 CEB Global, Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
- November 26-27, Scientific Advisory Board Meeting, ITB Bremen, Germany
- January 27, Lecture ‘Competence and Education’, Kyambogo University, Kampala, Uganda
- January 29-30, Nairobi, Kenya, JKUAT, Curriculum development workshop, NUFFIC project Horticulture
- February 19-23, AHRD conference Houston, USA
- March 19-22, Hong Kong, China, Centre for Lifelong Learning Research and Development, The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- April 3-7, AERA conference, Philadelphia, USA
- April 9-11, The Pennsylvania State University, College Park, PA, USA
- April 14-15, Virginia Tech, Blackburg, VA, USA
- April 17-18, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
- April 22-25, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
- April 26 – May 1, AIAEE conference, Miami, USA
- May 31 – June 2, Higher Education Teaching and Learning conference, Anchorage, USA
- June 6, Taylor and Francis, Oxford, UK
- June 11-13, Groningen, NL, Onderwijs Research Dagen
- June 26-27, Wissenschaftliche Beirat, ITB, Bremen, Germany
- September 1-5, ECER conference, Porto, Portugal
- September 18-19, Skills Conference, Toulouse, France
- October 2, Bibb, Berlin, Germany, CBV&PE Book project
- November 14, 50th Anniversary of ECS and its predecessors, Wageningen
- November 19-21, WERA – IRN-VET conference, Edinburgh, Scotland
- November 27, Toulouse Business School, France, CBV&PE Book project
- December 7+8, Céreq, Marseille, France, CBV&PE Book project
- January 24-31, Kenya, Horticultural education and training research, JKUAT, PTC, FPEAK, KARI, React Africa
- February 12, Raleigh, USA. Meeting with Editor of Journal of Agricultural Education Online
- February 13-17, AHRD, Arlington, Washington DC, USA
- March 20-24, Tirana, Albania, WBREN project
- April 10 – May 2, AERA, San Francisco, USA
- July 11, Toulouse Business School, Research Group Travail, Emploi Santé, Toulouse, France
- August 30 – September 6, ESEE, Antalya, Turkey
- September 7-13, ECER, Istanbul, Turkey
- October 16, Competence Needs within the Agrifood Complex, at the International Conference ‘Innovation of University Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources in Andean Countries’, Lima, Peru
- November 15, Didcot, Oxford, UK, Meeting with Taylor and Francis JAEE Publishing Team
- November 24-26, Novi Sad, Serbia, International Conference Western Balkans Rural Development Network
- January, Kenya, Horticultural education and training research
- April, AERA, Vancouver, Canada
- June 20-22: ORD, Wageningen Campus, the Netherlands
- September, ECER, Cádiz, Spain
- April, AERA, New Orleans, USA
- September 12-16, 2011, ECER Berlin, Germany
- 17 november 2011, Presentatie en panel Conferentie Competentiegericht toetsen van de Nederlandse Vereniging voor Examentechniek
- May 19-20, Key note speech KIT conference on Innovations for Competence Management.
Title of contribution: ‘The concept of competence: blessing or curse?’
Lahti, Finland; For further information see http://pro.phkk.fi/kit/
- May 2-4, Chairman EU-meeting of Western-Balkans delegates on Vocational Training, Brussels, Belgium
- April 18-21, Annual conference of the Western Balkans Rural Extension Network, Skopje, Macedonia
- April 11, 2011, Mulder, M., H. Eppink & L. Akkermans (2011).
Design, Implementation and Effectiveness of Capability-Oriented Workplace Learning in East-Africa.
Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans.
- March 28-31, Meetings Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- March 22-27, Meetings Horticulture Education project Jimma, Ethiopia
- February 24-25 2011, Conference Assessment of Competencies in Higher Education, Berlin, Germany
- 14 februari 2011, Workshop voor de Raad van Advies van het Continuüm Psychiatrie
- November 30 – December 1, 2010,European Transnational Chavet Seminar ‘Future challenges for vocational education and training in the green sector’, Belgium
- November 10-14, 2010, Dodoma, Tanzania, Stakeholders meeting and review on HR in the Bachelor Degree of Human Resource Planning and Management of the Institute of Rural Development Planning
- October 7-8, 2010, Makassar, Sulawesi, Indonesia, Towards Competence-Based Higher Education. Seminar of rectors, vice-rectors, directors and managerial staff of 9 higher education institutes in East-Indonesia.
- September 9-10, 2010, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague,
Key note presentation ‘Competence development in higher agricultural education‘
- September 13-17, 2010, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia, Courses on non-formal education
for rural development, Western Balkans Rural Development Network
- April 10-16, 2010, Mountains of the Moon University (Fortportal) and Bukalasa Agricultural College (Wobulenzi),
- April 23 – April 29, workshop Texas A&M University, Houston, USA
- April 29 – May 5, AERA, Denver, USA
- August 25-27, ECER Conference, Helsinki, Finland
- 31 March – Master Class Addis Ababa University, School of Education, design, implementation and evaluation
research on competence-based vocational education
- 27 March – 2 April, 2010 Jimma, Ethiopia, JUCAVM MSc and BSc Horticulture curriculum development
- February 22, 2010. meeting with Taylor and Francis, Oxford, UK
- February 23-24, 2010, meeting of the Western Balkans Rural Development
Network, Reading, UK
- 29 mei 2009, slotconferentie (L)earning enterprise for life, HAS Den Bosch
- 27-28 mei 2009, Onderwijs Research Dagen, Leuven
- May 12-14 2009, Competence-based vocational-technical education.
International Conference on Educational Research for Development, at The College of Education, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
2009-05-14 International Conference AAU NP
Download paper here.
- May 7-16 2009, mission to Jimma, Ethiopia, JUCAVM MSc and BSc Horticulture curriculum development
- 21 april 2009, Inleiding Leren en Werken, Hotel De Nieuwe Wereld Wageningen.
Download inleiding hier.
Download Power Point hier.
Download inspirerende leerervaringen zoals kort
beschreven door de deelnemers hier.
- April 13-18, 2009, AERA, San Diego, R. Wesselink, H. Biemans & M. Mulder, Student and teacher recognition of
principles of comprehensive competence-based education in Dutch post-secondary education
- 9 april 2009, bijdrage Executive Master Course Wageningen Business School
- April 2-6 2009, Misson NPT project, Horticulture curriculum development, JUCAVM, Jimma, Ethiopia
- March 4-8 2009, Mission NPT project, Floriculture curriculum development and evaluation, Kampala, Uganda
- 3 maart 2009. Voorzitter minisymposium onderwijsvisie inkoop, NEVI
- 2 maart 2009, Vergadering Raad van Advies Continuüm Oncologie
- 10 Februari 10 2009, Rondetafelgesprekken onderwijsvisie inkoop. NEVI,
- December 18+19, Editorial Committee meeting European Journal of Vocational Training,
Cedefop, Thessaloniki, Greece
- November 13, Meeting with the publisher of the Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension, Taylor
and Francis, Oxford, UK
- 3 november, inleiding SMEOT, Hengelo, Een leven lang leren
- October 7+8, Martin Mulder, Judith Gulikers, Renate Wesselink & Harm Biemans, Competence in
higher education – review and remarks. Paper presented at the conference ‘Kompetenzermittlung für die Berufsbildung.
Verfahren, Probleme und Perspektiven im nationalen, europäischen und internationalen Raum, Munich, Germany.
- September 29-30, Meeting international project team Capacity Building Horticulture, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 24 september, Presentatie ‘Beweging in de beroepskolom’ tijdens het SBO-congres ‘De beroepskolom’, NBC,
- 18 september, President of the day at the International conference on vocational training in floristry. Competency Oriented Learning in Floristry VET. Ahoy Conference Centre – Rotterdam – the Netherlands.
- September 11, 2008, VETNET Symposium:
‘Publishing in ICVT Journals– Issues and Challenges’. ECER, Pedagogen house A, Västra
Hamngatan 25, 10.30-12.00hrs, room BE 014 (102 auditorium), Gothenburg, Sweden.
- July 26, Competence-based Education – about frequently asked
questions. Presentation at the National Curriculum Workshop on Competence-Based Horticulture Education at JUCAVM, Jimma, Ethiopia.
- 21-23 May 2008, 9th International HRD Conference, Lille, The new competence concept in higher education:
error or enrichment?
- April 17-18, 2008, International MBA, Belgrade, Serbia, Introduction to HRM – current theories, policies,
strategies and practices in the field of HRM
- 10 april 2008, Competentiemanagement en Personal development, Wageningen Business School, Executive Master Course.
- March 28, 2008, World Bank, Washington, DC, Innovation of agricultural education.
- March 24-29, 2008, AERA, New York. Martin Mulder, Judith Gulikers, Renate Wesselink, Harm
The new competence concept in higher education: error or
- February 21-22 2008, Agora Skillsnet, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Presentation title: ‘From tradition to innovation. Skills needs in Agri-Food Chains.
Download PPT here.
- February 28+29, Curriculum Development, Evaluation and Quality Management Workshop Floriculture
Education at BAC and MMU, Kampala, Uganda
- February 5-10 2008, First mission on curriculum development for MSc floriculture and horticulture, Addis Ababa + Jimma, Ethiopia
- January 24+25 2008, Editorial Committee Meeting European Journal of Vocational Training, Brussels.
- December 14, 2007, VETNET Board Meeting, ITB, Bremen
- 27 november 2007, Key note speech, ‘Competentiegericht beroepsonderwijs; van hype naar deceptie?‘
Conferentie Studiecentrum voor Bedrijf en Overheid. Jaarbeurs Utrecht.
- November 12-16, 2007, Mission to VocTech-project Action Research, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- November 7, 2007, Power point presentation at the ‘China-Europe Forum on
Education’, held in the Beijing Institute of Education, Beijing, China.
- November 6-11, 2007, Paper presented at the ‘China-Europe
Forum on Education’ Developments in European Vocational Training, Beijing,
- November 3-6, 2007, Presentation at the Conference ‘Preparing for the Future: Rethinking Higher Agriculture Education and Environment in Asia’, Philippine Carabao Center, Munoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines.
- 2 november 2007, Competentiegericht internationaal praktijkonderwijs – Studiedag internationale docenten PTC+.
- 29 oktober 2007, Topcollege Competentiegericht Beroepsonderwijs – Management Studiecentrum,16.00-19.00 uur.
- October 18-19, 2007, Editorial Committee European Journal of Vocational Training meeting Thessaloniki, Greece.
- October 7-13, 2007, Competence-based floriculture curriculum development, Kampala, Uganda
- 4 oktober 2007, Avans, Den Bosch, HRM onderzoek competentiemanagement.
- September 20, 2007, Giving VETNET a shape – Giving VET research a profile in EERA. Forum presentations at the European Conference on Educational Research, Gent, Belgium.
Download speaking notes here.
- September 19, 2007, Mulder, M. & K. Collins (2007).
Competence Development in Public and Private Organisations. Paper presented at the ECER conference in Gent, Belgium.
Download paper here;
Download Power Point Presentation here
- September 9-13 2007, International Forum on Vocational-Technical Education UNESCO Beijing, China.
Download PPT here
- 8 juni 2007, Lunch met professoren, Onderwijs Research Dagen, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.
- May 25, 2007. Competence-based vocational and higher education: theory, practice and critique – empowering curriculum teams for agile training programs.
Online video conference key note presentation at the conference ‘El concepto de competencia: su uso en educación técnica y superior’, at theCentro de Tecnologías de la Información y la Comunicación, Universidad
Industrial Santander, Colombia.
- 24 mei 2007, Topcollege Competentiegericht Beroepsonderwijs – Management Studiecentrum,
Utrecht May 10 2007, Developments in the EJVT, Governing Board, Cedefop, Greece.
- May 3+4 2007, Curriculum development in floriculture, Kampala, Uganda.
- April 9-13 2007, Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago- Paper presentation ‘Validating a model for competence-based VET’ (R. Wesselink, H. Biemans & M. Mulder)
– Paper presentation ‘Competence development in organizations’ (K. Collins & M. Mulder)
– Paper presentation ‘Teacher competence for gender equality in the era of HIV/AIDS: insights from Uganda’ (D. Kakuru, M. Mulder & A. Wals)
- December 1, 2006, Networking in educational research. Why and how? Presentation for the PhD Network of the
Dutch Educational Research Association, Open University Netherlands, Heerlen.
- November 20-21 2006. Skillsnet
workshop Future skills needs. Innovation in agri-food & forestry-wood chains.
- 10 oktober 2006 Topcollege Competentiegericht Onderwijs – Management Studie Centrum,Nyenrode
Business Universiteit, Breukelen
- Mulder & Eernstman (2006)
The Public’s Expectations Regarding theGreen Sector and Responsive Practices in Higher Agricultural Education.
Power point slides presented at the 8th European Conference on Higher Agricultural Education held
at the Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, 14 to 16 September 2006.
- Mulder & Eernstman (2006)
The Public’s Expectations Regarding the Green Sector and Responsive Practices in Higher Agricultural Education. Paper presented at the 8th European Conference on Higher Agricultural Education held at the Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, 14 to 16 September 2006
- Competence development in organizations (July 2006)
- Towards a Job Competency Profile for Agricultural
Extension Instructors – a Survey of Views of Experts
- Competence and
Higher Education – Presentation at Education Day at Wageningen University (April
- Practical learning for entrepreneurial competence. A study on learning activities and competencies of entrepreneurs in innovative horticulture (AERA 2006)
- Competence-based VET in the Netherlands – AERApresentation (April 2006)