- The importance of competence in society.
- The competence construct in science and practice.
- Definitions of competence, competency, competencies.
- Contexts and functions of working with competence models.
- Competence–based and competence–oriented vocational and professional education.
- Three waves of CBV and PE.
- Perennial questions on competence-based vocational education.
- Summaries of competence studies.
- Purpose of a global review on competence-based vocational and professional education.
in: Mulder, M. and J. Winterton (2017). Introduction. In: Mulder. M. (Ed.), Competence-Based Vocational and Professional Education. Bridging the Worlds of Work and Education. Cham, Switzerland: Springer, pp. 1-43.
Download this publication here: 2017 Mulder and Winterton – Competence Book – Chapter 1